Saturday, July 18, 2009

SINGLE OBJECTS Part 2.




The scallop shell is an important symbol in my art. It is associated with baptism in the Christian faith as well as featuring in some of my beach scenes purely for its own sake.
Today I have been researching some new work and one of my ideas is a new 'take' on the subject of Baptism. I have one idea that will feature a waterfall coming from the sky onto the shell and a school of fish swimming around the shell to form a frame. A dove (the Holy Spirit)will be hovering overhead. Where is the water coming from and where is it going? All will be revealed, hopefully in the next fortnight. Before then I have a detailed abstract to finish and a drawing on the 'Tree of Life' to start.
Which shell do you prefer? My choice is the last one, but I will rotate it 180 degrees.

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment